So I have been searching for the next phone I will be purchasing because my Sony Xperia Z3 is somehow broke, like half of the screen will turn black if it feels cold (seriously). If I do not use my phone or if it’s not warm enough (like after being used – playing a game while on the internet kind of warm) the whole lower part of the screen is just completely black. It goes back to normal after it warms up. It’s really weird.
Anyways, I’ve been looking for a budget phone that I will be buying to replace it. And I’ve already set my eyes on Xiaomi Redmi, either the Note 3 Pro or the Note 4 Pro. My sister has been using the Note 3 Pro for almost half a year now and she seemed to be not having any problems with it.
I already went through different websites reading reviews, specs and such; and as of the moment I’m leaning towards buying the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Pro). I love it’s specs.
Key Features/Specifications from GSMArena.com
- Aluminum unibody design
- 5.5″ IPS display of 1080p resolution; 401ppi
- MediaTek MT6797 Helio X20 chipset; 2x Cortex-A72 + 4x Cortex-A53 + 4x Cortex-A53; Mali-T880 MP4 at 700MHz
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8 (Global 18.104.22.168)
- Standard edition: 2GB RAM with 16GB of storage; High edition: 3GB RAM with 64GB storage; microSD support, hybrid slot shared with 2nd SIM
- 13 megapixel rear camera, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, dual-LED dual-tone flash; 1080p @ 30fps video, 720p @ 120fps
- 5 megapixel front camera, f/2.0 aperture; 720p @ 30fps video
- Dual SIM, LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2, IR, microUSB
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4,100mAh battery
Price varies depending on where you’re gonna buy it. SInce it is not available at the local store, the only avenue to purchase a Xioami is online.
Widget City, Lazada (Heliotech), Aliexpress (Xiomi Store and ) they all have different prices. The one in Aliexpress is the cheapest though. Including the shipping fee for a guaranteed on-time delivery of 23 days and the Silver unit (Standard Bundle), I also got a $2 discount using the Aliexpress app, it cost less than PHP9000.
Choosing a different color for the unit changes the prince as well, I originally wanted the BLUE one, but it will cost $70 more. WOAH! So I decided to stick with silver.
Here’s the breakdown in $$ USD and PHP
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Pro) Silver – $ 162.99 (Php 8100.44)
Shipping Fee – $ 10.68 (Php 530.79)
Discount – $ 2.00 (Php 99.40)
Total: $ 171.67 (Php 8531.83)
I already placed an order and I have 20 days to pay via Western Union, once I am really decided in getting the phone and if I feel like I am ok to wait for 23 days, then I will pay it.
Do you guys think this is a good buy?
Have you ever used a Xiaomi Phone before?
Comments and suggestions will be very much appreciated.